seeing the light

after two weeks of being in the dark, i finally saw a glimmer of light this evening.

i finally "re-learned" how to compute for the market price of bonds. been having problems with my advanced accounting super major subject because i can't seem to remember how to compute for this and for many other accounting concepts. i'm too shy to ask my classmates to teach me because i'm not chummy yet with any one of them.

you see, i've just gone back to school after a four-year AWOL on my Accounting course. the last time that i was enrolled was on summer of 2002. during that 4-year period, i earned my keep by being a full-time employee in an accounting firm. my studies was the farthest thing in my mind then because of the many frustrations that i felt on those last few semesters of my college life. i've been putting off enrolling because i became so wrapped up in my work. but this semester, i finally muster enough courage to re-enroll and hopefully finish what i started.

many changes in the accounting world have happened since i left school; it felt like i was a freshman again on the seemingly becoming-more-and-more-complicated world of accounting. do you honestly think that i would remember the complex lessons? fat chance. so now i have to depend on myself to cram "everything" that i have to re-learn in just a few weeks; the same "everything" that my classmates learned in their 3 years in UP.

sometimes i felt like giving up. but i know that this is my last chance. if i never make it this time, there'll be no second chances for me. in fact i have to quit my job to be able to concentrate on my studies. this is far more important to me than any other opportunities that i have to give up at this time.

for others, bonds is just peanuts. for me, it signals that i still have hope. that i can still catch up with my classmates on my advanced accounting class no matter how hard or winding the route to learning that i've taken. bonds is just the beginning of the many lessons that i will eventually re-learn. it's never too late to finally see the light.

No comments: